Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

It's ***** *****.
, I have a problem with a Mercruiser

Customer Question

Customer: HI Jason, it's ***** *****.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a problem with a Mercruiser 4.3L (2005 boat with twin motors). We get a solid alarm at a certain point in the rev range (was 3800, now 2000). Power drops to zero and have to back the throttle off to neutral position to stop the alarm. Then can bring the revs up again. We have recently had boat out of water for antifoul and cleaning water intakes. replaced thermostat. But cant seem to nail the issue. Has been consistent problem at 3800 rpm for 2-3 weeks but today problem hit at 2000. Any ideas?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $26) to post your type of question to Boat Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok...I had a problem a while ago and got some good advice so ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: ok
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

The tach wire in the main harness is the gray wire. The wires you need for the tach are the purple ignition, black ground and gray for tach signal. If you have instruments light the blue wire is for instruments lights.

Post back if you need further assistance.

Thank you.........Tan

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Tan, you answer does not relate to my question. Please arrange a refund
Thanks