Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Have installed a new distributor cap and coil. Wish to

Customer Question

Customer: Have installed a new distributor cap and coil. Wish to adjust timing on a Bravo III, 7.4 L Gen 6, S/N 038025 engine. Can I have a copy of the timing procedure for this carburated engine?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Engine runs just fine but have replaced parts - distributor cap and coil. I would like to retime the engine. It is different for this carbureted engine. Do you have the procedure?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $26) to post your type of question to Boat Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes. How much is the engine manual?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Can you double check your serial number for me, it is either incomplete or incorrect. The formate of the serial number is ***** number, 1 letter, followed by 6 more numbers. For example, 0A123456, 1B654321 etc etc.

Also, did you turn the distributor at all, or just install a new cap and rotor?