Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

My name is ***** *****,I have a j50plssm 50hp it will not

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is ***** *****,I have a j50plssm 50hp it will not start. I bought this motor new 15 yrs ago. It will not start ,it's spitting gas out of a tube below the carbeurators
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It has spark compression and air ,its just not getting any gas! Gas collects in the belly underneath the carbs and will run down the motor
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $26) to post your type of question to Boat Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

What kinds of numbers did you get when you did the compression test?

There is a right and a wrong way to check for spark, can you me exactly how you did the spark check?

Have you tried any starting fluid to see if it would hit or run on that?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no spark check test ,i have been fishing all year,the weekend prior! the motor was running fine then all of a sudden would not crank ! fuel was spitting out of the small tube below the bottom carbeurator. I have not tried starting fluid,i have had this motor for 15yrs, 1st time it has not cranked! everything sounded good when i was turning the motor over! Thanks,Daniel
Expert:  Jason replied 11 months ago.

Hi Daniel. Can you take a few pictures for me of this fuel leak?