Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I'm currently deployed in Bahrain to the ESU Boatshop. We

Customer Question

Customer: I'm currently deployed in Bahrain to the ESU Boatshop. We are currently having an issue with one of our Engines. It will not start unless we manually shift it into neutral. We have swapped out both the PCM and the Module and removed the shift actuator and tested it on a different engine where it passed. The engine is not showing any error codes. Is there a resource that I can look to for assistance on this? I have searched the forums and have only been able to find information about a bad PCM or shift actuator. Please help!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: serial 1b754109. We're running dual 150hp. Port starts fine, when we switch the cables under the helm the problem doesn't follow so we're thinking it's an issue on the engine.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $26) to post your type of question to Boat Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sounds good
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Charles. I will assist you with this. I have a few questions back for you.

Does the shift shaft stick in both FWD and REV?

When was the last time that the gear oil was changed?

Salt, brackish, or fresh water over there where you run these? I know the Gulf is salt.