Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

I am in Australia and have purchased a used boat with a 2006

Customer Question

I am in Australia and have purchased a used boat with a 2006 tohatsu m90a engine. Just want to know if I can check the engine hrs at all. There is no he metre fitted.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Unfortunately your engine does not have an ecu that records the engine hours which can then be recovered by a pc. You would need to base yourself of the previous owners data

Noel

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have read that the new model (2003 onwards) tohatsu 90hp engines can give a rough idea of hrs via a light on the Tacho. Mine is 2006 model, but it is still the older m90 type engine. Could this feature have been added to my engine?

Unfortunately no since it is the older type it does not have this feature even though it is a 2006 model.

Noel