Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

I have a Simpson-Lawrence Seawolf windlass from the early

Customer Question

I have a Simpson-Lawrence Seawolf windlass from the early 1990's that needs a new motor. The numbers are worn off the motor, but from research, it appears it is a 60550K13. Is that correct and is there another replacement motor? The 60550K13s are hard to find. Thanks, Paul
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 12 months ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

I have no listing of the number you posted.

Do you know which model you have? Is this a Sprint or Horizon windlass?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
It is a Seawolf model that is similar to the Horizon 900. The motor number I gave you is for the 900. Trying to confirm that this will work in my Seawolf.
Expert:  Tan replied 12 months ago.

That is the correct motor.

Do you have a motor?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No, I am trying to find one.
Expert:  Tan replied 12 months ago.

Ok I haven't been able to locate a motor anywhere. All I can offer is a place that you can email with your part number. This company is the supplier for Simpson Lawrence old parts. SL Spares is the company. http://slspares.co.uk/contact.php

You have to consider the age of the unit and they can't make parts forever. The motors are a common failure with old units due to the environment they are in.

I will send you a link if I do locate a motor.