Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 1987 Bass tracker pontoon boat.I recently bought a

Customer Question

I have a 1987 Bass tracker pontoon boat.I recently bought a new 2015 mercury 50HP 4 cycle bigfoot & had it installed by the dealer.The motor is great,but after about 2M RPM's there is extreme turbulence between the motor & transom causing considerable water to flood into the back area of the boat.I have tried several trim locations & none change anything.the dealer does not have a clue what to do.i have owned 8 boats & know this is not normal.The old 35 HP that was taken off cut the water just fine & no turbulernce.Is this something you can diagnose & give me a resolve!!!........Bill DiStefano
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hi Bill, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Have you tried dropping the engine all the way down? What kind of propeller is installed on it?