Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 9.9 honda that does the following. It will start,

Customer Question

Hi I have a 9.9 honda that does the following. It will start, run for about a minute then start misfiring and then cut out. I can restart immediately there after with the same sequence. Over and over.
Thank you
Riaan
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hi Riaan. My name is***** the engine stay running longer if you raise the RPMS up to 1500 or more?

Have you tried pumping the primer bulb over and over and over to see if it will stay running longer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No and yes.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

And does the engine stay running longer if you pump the primer bulb?

When did this problem start? When did the engine last run correctly? How old is the fuel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cleaned the carb, new spark plugs, tried another bulb, changed the fuel,but I think it's a fuel problem.
The motor is not getting a constant fuel supply.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

When the engine is running, and when you pump that bulb over and over. Can you actually feel fuel flow through the bulb and into the engine? Is the bulb sucking flat at all, or having a hard time reinflating?