Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a 3412e engine. I am getting a j1587 ata data

Customer Question

I have a 3412e engine. I am getting a j1587 ata data commloss and a 1939 data comm loss. my screen is reading no data not even voltage. have traced wires and found one broke spliced it but still nothing. what would you recommend I do next
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

So long as every wire in the harnesses have been checked and you are 100% sure they are not the problem and there are no poor/loose connections such as at a harness pin being pushed in, too far open, corrosion, etc, then I would lean towards the ecm if the problem is lack of communication and engine not running as a result. This one may help to know if the problem is simply loss of communication such as to the gauges or loss of communication with ecm and engine not running as a result, knowing the full extent of the symptoms.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.