Ted G.
Ted G., Rigger, Diagnostician
Experience:  40 years boating, Safe boating instruct., Offshore Race promoter, Failure Analysis, Expert Witness
7183013

I have a 33 Martinique. The 12 v is dead. How do I get the

Customer Question

I have a 33 Martinique. The 12 v is dead. How do I get the engine hatch open?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Ted G. replied 1 year ago.

Remove the hatch switch from the dash and apply voltage to the two center posts using 2 wires from a battery booster or small 12 volt battery. If you have a decent battery charger, you can use that too. Just be careful not to short the wires. Alternatively is t possible to hook up your onboard battery charger to get power to the system that way?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you. I saw the idea on the Internet to apply power at the switch. Unfortunately the charger is in the hatch.
Expert:  Ted G. replied 1 year ago.

But you should have a charger switch on the AC panel if it's installed correctly, otherwise you will need to feed the switch.