Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a 50hp 4 stroke Yamaha. My ingnition and trim, short

Customer Question

I have a 50hp 4 stroke Yamaha. My ingnition and trim, short out all other accessories... I can disconnect batterie and accessories will work again until I turn key or press trim button on throttle or on back of engine
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

The most common cause for this happening if then lack of power to everything else is a poor/bad ground or power connection. This can include a dirty connection, loose, damaged, look at mainly the engine/battery ground to start and at starter solenoid, turning the key and trim are both higher amp circuits which leads me to my included info on connections. So let's start there first as again that is the common problem. Note this can include bad wires/cable such as main ground cable.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.