Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

G/day,i have a 1978 model 6804B evinrude outboard and want

Customer Question

g/day,i have a 1978 model 6804B evinrude outboard and want to replace the water pump impeller,how do i pull the leg off to access the pump cheers mark
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Hello Mark. My name is Tan.

Remove the 4 retainer screws # ***** the lower will drop down a little bit then remove the screw # ***** in the shift coupler # ***** Now you can remove the lower unit. Remove the 4 screws #9 from the water pump housing # ***** Now you can remove the impeller. Replace any worn parts along with the impeller. I always went ahead and did a complete kit. Reassemble in reverse.

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/BRP/EVINRUDE/1978/6804B/GEARCASE/parts.html

Post back if you have questions on this procedure.

Please don't forget to positively rate me as that is the only way I get paid for helping you.

Follow up questions are always welcome on this subject at no extra charge. The questions doesn't close after rating.

Thank you.........Tan