Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I am wiring an Mercruiser inboard engine 5.7 Liter serial no

Customer Question

I am wiring an Mercruiser inboard engine 5.7 Liter serial no 0W695273 to the gauge panel with regular analog type gauges.
I have a new extension harness and which has the older 9 pin connector. Also have the adapter harness from the engines 14 pin to this 9 pin harness. The problem is that there is no power to the gauges. This is because there is no 12 volts coming from the engines 14 pin connector. When I look at the 9 pin extension harness there are two big wires red and black in the harness. Apparently to power the gauges from the key switch to the ignition switch. The 14 pin connector has all small wires and cannot support this load.
Do I need another adapter harness to provide this 12 volts to the key switch or am I supposed to supply my own from the red 50 amp circuit breaker on the engine to the key switch?
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I may not have told you that the engine is 2007 and used to work with the old analog gauges. Now I replaced the gauges and got a new wiring harness. The adapter is the old one. A 14 pin to 9 pin adapter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jason
Did you get my question? Usually
I get a confirmation from the website