Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

My ski will only rev to 4500 on slo key and 6500 on normal

Customer Question

my ski will only rev to 4500 on slo key and 6500 on normal key, other skis exactly the same are 5500 and 7500.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** make, model and year, if you have the hull number that would be the best !

Thanks

Kenny

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a 2013 Kawasaki, 1498 four stroke engine, not supercharged. cant remember the model name without seeing it.(It's in storage) Also we have swapped the ecu with another ski so we had to use the key from that other ski and it still does it.
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for getting back, so the ski isn't close to you right now ? if I need you to check a few things that not going to be possible, correct ?

Kenny

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no its not close. I wont be able to get it/look at it until next weekend.
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for getting back, so I would like to get the actual hours that are on this unit, also when was it serviced last in relation to the hours that are on the ski ? Next I would really like you to get me a compression ,measurement on all four cylinders, one of the first things that are performed in a situation where a unit is not running to tis potential is to perform a compression measurement, is that something you'll be able to perform ?

Kenny

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
compressions are 165-170psi on all 4. about 20 hours since last full service including jet unit rebuild. its done 350 hours.
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for getting back, so let me make sure I understand you, this ski has 350 total hours on it ? if that is the case is this ski being used as a rental unit ?

When the unit was service last, do you know of the valves needed to be adjusted ?

And were the spark plugs replaced on the last service ?

And if you can explain what was perform on the Jet pump, what work was performed, was anything replaced ?

Also is this unit used in salt water ?

Please answer the questions I asked you and we will mover forward from there.

Thanks

Kenny