Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

Have a 115 on 18 ft wellcraft, had carbs rebuilt 2 weeks

Customer Question

Have a 115 Johnson on 18 ft wellcraft, had carbs rebuilt 2 weeks ago, misses on low end still and today while on a plane motor stopped completely and would not start, any ideas on where I should look?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Can I get the model number on the engine please.

Since it doesn't run at all, the very first step would be to check spark output with an adjustable gap spark tool or a timing light. Is that something you can do?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Okay let me know what you find, and we can go from there.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking in. Any progress?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was short in ignition switch and 3 gallons of water in gas in tank water was removed and switch replaced by local marine mechanic
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

A short in the ignition switch would definitely give you that lack of spark.

Glad to hear you are up and running again.

Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me for helping you out. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Happy boating!
Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I noticed no rating has been put through yet. So I was checking in and seeing if you had any further questions on the issue. Please keep in mind the website charges you either way, they just don't credit me unless a rating is put through. If there was anything else feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Jason