Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Have a 50hp honda, through bolt mounted. Electric lift

Customer Question

Have a 50hp honda, through bolt mounted.
Electric lift for road travel, left bracket can be removed, right bracket very hard to move. A small spring has fallen out and a small ss horseshoe looking item with ears has also drop out from center/under between mounting bracket.
Thanks
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jeff G. replied 1 year ago.

I believe what you are referring to is the trailering leg, Honda calls them tilt stoppers. It is held into the large swivel bracket by a small split pin. If you can pull it out the pin is missing or rusted. You can get a new pin from your Honda dealer or an auto parts store. Get a stainless steel one and take in the part to get the right size.

The "horseshoe" thing is a "c" clip. The spring goes on the tilt lever.

Can you give me the complete model number of the engine to further ID the parts?

Thanks