Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

My engine dies when shifting from f to r ,volvo penta 5.7

Customer Question

hello. my name is ***** ***** engine dies when shifting from f to r ,volvo penta 5.7 efi thanks
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm new boater and shifted ruffly and suddenly trying to control boat.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hi Paul, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

I read what you wrote. Do you have the actual model number on the engine? Also, what kinds of questions did you have about it?

How does it run other than the dying at idle? Will the engine make full power under load? (typically 4600 rpms or so depending on your model)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i havent test it to 4600 rpm. but it starts and runs smooth. can ruff shifting without stopping for neutral course engine to shut off
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any service history on the engine? How old is the fuel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the engine supposedly serviced every year. what bothers me, is instrument panels frizzes where it was while running and need few seconds to restart like battery is week.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

I understand. Now what kinds of questions did you actually have about the engine?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hi Paul. The website has charged you. Was this something you still needed help with?