Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 50 HP 4-stroke outboard Mercury motor modell 2000.

Customer Question

I have a 50 HP 4-stroke outboard Mercury motor modell 2000. The washer between the top part and bottom part of the motor has broken and the goods of both parts show cavities and also the exhaust pipe from the motor block has losened.
The motor works,but can not get any higher than 3900 rps when operating.what can possible have caused this?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jeff G. replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure where you mean the washer. Can you take a picture and post it so I can know where we are referring to?

If you can't take a picture go to boats.net find the parts breakdown for your engine, you'll need the serial number and post me the page link and reference number.

Thanks