Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

Is a no injection pump number appropriate W04CT-I marine

Customer Question

Is a Hino injection pump number###-##-#### ***** for a W04CT-I marine engine?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

The part number I have is###-##-#####4 in this link. https://www.marinepartssupply.com/book/20/706/

I get no reference on that part number from Hino. Where are you getting that number form?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Tan. I have 2 x 1994 Hino 210 marine engines that have been removed from my 42' cruiser for rebuilding. The rebuild shop has referred to the rebuilds as being W04TC A s. I understand those engines are 150 hp. My engines are W04TC I. The Dynamometer readings are not indicating 210 hp output and I fear they may have rebuilt to 150 engine spec. The injection pump part they have replaced is quoted as###-##-####A and I am seeking to ascertain whether they have used a correct part for 210 hp engines. The same may apply to ch***** *****ners.RegardsTony
Auckland, New Zealand
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tony. Here is the injection pump # ***** for the 150 W04CTA. Now these are Hino parts. Is the pump part number they have a Hino number?

https://www.marinepartssupply.com/book/19/673/

That part number doesn't come in the Hino parts data base.