Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

3 weeks ago, got some bad weather, boat got beached and

Customer Question

3 weeks ago, got some bad weather, boat got beached and flooded.
Took to the mechanic, cleaned it out, replaced a bunch, new starter motor that was cracked, $3700 later get the thumbs up, in the water today, starts after some double pumping petrol, sounds a little odd, noiser, put it into gear, as soon as we excellorate , it cuts out, repeated, same result. Move to edge in gear, gave the throttle a kick and it took off.
Now if we excellorate real slow, it goes, try put our foot down as if to pull up a skier and it cuts out.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Which engine do you have in the boat?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jason, my names Bek.My boat has a 350 chev inboard motor.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hi Bek. Is the engine fuel injected or carbureted? Also, is it a Mercruiser, Volvo, OMC or another brand? Do you have any kind of model or serial number on it so I can identify it?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hi Bek. Jst checking in. Did you still need with with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jason sorry I have had next to no reception,
I emptied the fuel tank and refilled, add some metho , turns out the mechanic only drained the carborator didn't clean and dry it.
My boat seems to constantly be having small to medium amounts of water in the hull, could any sort engine damage cause leaking water into the hull?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hi Bek. I couldn't find any information on your boat online. Is your boat a true inboard, with a transmission. Or is it a sterndrive boat? With a sterndrive attached to the transom of the boat?