Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

I have a 115 hp Yamaha and a 175 sea nymph boat. how do I

Customer Question

I have a 115 hp Yamaha and a 175 sea nymph boat. how do I get ready for winter? It will be stored inside but not heated.info on the engine.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

Run the fuel tank down low as possible fuel stabilizer. Start engine let run to get fuel stabilizer into the fuel system. Shut engine off tilt down to drain all the water out of the engine. Change any fuel filters to eliminate any possible contamination and change the lower unit oil. If this is a 4 stroke change engine oil and filter also. Disconnect the battery. Boat is winterized.

Post back with questions.

Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Please post back if you have any questions on this subject you don't under stand.

Please don't for get to positively rate me as that is the only way I get paid for helping you.

Thank you...........Tan