Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a 5.7 Chev (Indmar) in my 06 Malibu. It seems to run

Customer Question

My name is***** have a 5.7 Chev (Indmar) in my 06 Malibu. It seems to run fine at idle & low rpm,when I go to pull up a Skier,it will cough & check engine alrm comes on. It has been scanned and Crank sensor has been replaced to No avail,in fact worse. Wires have been checked by a qualified mechanic and all seem good. He said he is leaning toward a Computer problem,and to see if anyone has or is having this problem? Do You have any suggestions. I have replaced sprk plugs,wires,Ditr.cap,Rotor.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

If crankshaft sensor is the code that keeps coming up then it is the sensor, ring, wiring or ecu, tests and proper diagnosis will determine the problem and will require a scan tool.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.