Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Have a 1990 390EC SEARAY. BOUGHT NEW. T IN HURRICANE 2005.

Customer Question

Have a 1990 390EC SEARAY. BOUGHT NEW. HIT IN HURRICANE 2005. Had hull repainted with all grip and serial number was removed with gel coat and not re inscribed on transom. The boat is documented with us coast guard. I have my original bill of sale with proper serial number but I am donating the boat and the appraiser needs to see the number on the boat not bill of sale. SEARAY indicates that there is a duplicate of the serial number inside the boat. WHERE WOULD THAT BE TO TAKE PICTURE
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jeff G. replied 1 year ago.

By law all vessels must have the HIN on the starboard transom. If yours was damaged another HIN is to be afixed to the transom.

You need to contact Sea Ray directly to find out where the second number is ***** it is only released to law enforcement. However most of the time it is on the inside of the transom, a stringer or near the electrical panel in the cabin.

Wish I could help more but this is a manufacturing item.

Thanks