Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a kawsaki stx-12f pwc. The fuel filler neck was

Customer Question

I have a kawsaki stx-12f pwc. The fuel filler neck was broken and the fuel got water in it, I took ski out of lake and drained fuel, put good fuel back in it. Changed spark plugs, it still runs really rough at idle and bogs down when given throttle. What should I check next? Thanks
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

This engine is fuel injected and with that you would also have the fuel/water in the lines, rail and injectors and water that can get trapped. You have have other junk that got in thus requiring a fuel system cleaning, if it is just water it may work it's way out, try adding a water remover to the fuel and see if the problem resolves. This is esp true if once you did this work you only started it and did not actually drive it which would/may work out any remaining water in the system. You do have to be careful how much water as it could cause damage.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.