Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a 2010 Mercury 60 Bigfoot 4 stroke. It is equipped

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 2010 Mercury 60 Bigfoot 4 stroke. It is equipped with hydraulic tilt assist. I have a CMC aftermarket trim but I would like to take that off to put a hyd. Jack plate. How hard would it be to convert my tilt assist to power trim. I've noticed that the ram looks almost the same on both systems. Can I just pull the reservoir off of my tilt now and put a trim motor for it to work or is it more complicated than that?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you today.

Can i get the serial number of the engine please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model# *****
Serial# *****
And under that there is a plain number that says
60ELHGA4S
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. What you are looking to do really cannot be done. The cylinder that is on the engine is not designed for that kind of pressures. The tilt system would generate over 1500 PSI the seals would blow out of the cylinder.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks. Can you tell me what model power oem trim/tilt I need to order for my engine And wiring harness. Or any aftermarket that will fit directly to the motor. My intentions are to remove the 6" CMC trim kit so I can install a hydraulic jack plate. If this is to expensive. Will the Mercury big tiller kit fit my motor?
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

In order to install a power trim unit for the engine, you would also need to change the clamp brackets. The trim system alone is over $1000.

A big tiller kit will fit on this engine.