Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a 2002 250hp Fitch injection evinrude motor. It has

Customer Question

i have a 2002 250hp Fitch injection evinrude motor. It has shut down while cruising at 400 rpm. I have tested all wiring components and isolated engine from the boat controls. It wont turn over unless starter is bypassed at cellenoid but does not fire when cranked. It doesnt fire up fuel system on pre start. I changed power panel and fuse board. How do i know if its the computer. Thx.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Charles.

To test your computer you will either need the BRP software package or an aftermarket scanner. If you cant locate either, you can always pull the computer and ship it to the company listed below. if it is broken, they can also repair it for you.

http://www.dfitechnologies.com/