Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

Do I have to pull the engine in my KAD 42 / duo prop to

Customer Question

Do I have to pull the engine in my KAD 42 / duo prop to replace the main bearings on primary shaft?
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

Yes the primary shaft has to be pulled from the engine side to replace any of the shaft components. So you must pull the complete engine assembly. Then pull the bell housing to do the shaft and bearings. This means the drive has to be removed also.

Post back with questions.