Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 1994 Mercury 2stroke 115hp and after about 2500

Customer Question

I have a 1994 Mercury 2stroke 115hp and after about 2500 rpms it starts to buck and the more I accelerate, the harder it bucks. Before this happened, I was doing a lot of slow trolling and first thing , I stopped getting my top end 6500 rpms and could only get 500 rpms. Then the bucking started
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gave my email wrong it is***@******.***. I tried to change it but I am on record from five years ago and they won't let me edit the email I mistakenly gave!
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you today.

In order to figure this out, you are going to need a digital multimeter. Do you have one and know how to use it?

I will also need the serial number of the engine.