Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

1999 175hp efi runs fine then looßes power throwle up slowly

Customer Question

1999 175hp efi runs fine then looßes power throwle up slowly goes on plane then fires up goes. Tosix k rpm does it again sparks is good believe fuel problem with 5&6 cylender. Help
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you with this.

To test the injectors, you are going to need a digital multimeter. Locate the round plug coming from the intake assembly on the right side of the engine. Unplug it, then test the harness going into the intake. Place your red meter lead on the red wire, then touch the black meter lead on the other 3 wires. Checking the resistance, you should be getting 1.2 Ohms. Do this and let me know what you find out.