Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

It's a 92 searay 4.3 liter alpha 1 sterndrive I removed the

Customer Question

It's a 92 searay 4.3 liter alpha 1 sterndrive I removed the out drive because it wouldn't go into gear the shiftl lever was on the left side I dropped the lower unit and placed it on the right side.I took off bottom cable to adjust pushed in all the way and I had to go under the foot to push the shift to engage.shouldn't my cable push it enough cable acts like it bottoms out.I put the control in neutral and started my adjustments on the cables???put back together and now neutral is in gear forward is neutral and I can't get the controls to pullback towards reverse at all Help. .
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Did you remove the entire sterndrive from the boat? Or did you remove just the lower unit, leaving the upper unit still bolted in place?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I removed the whole unit then took off bottom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I set the tang to shift on the right side,I did put in forward to install then started cable adjustments in neutral on the control box
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Cables are not adjustable, they get set to a specific length and that's it. Was everything shifting correctly before you took the sterndrive off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** early
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rock, did you see my last reply?