Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have 2005 Yamaha 150 Four Strokes. One of the motors has

Customer Question

I have 2005 Yamaha 150 Four Strokes. One of the motors has water coming from exhaust below cowl.. noticed it about 2 weeks ago. At the time, water was still coming through pee hole. Now, no water through pee hole.. just exhaust. I had already planned to change waterpumps, but not sure why water coming through exhaust port? What else should I check? I checked pressure relief valve and it seemed to be working properly.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

On marine engines the exhaust is raw water cooled and thus it is normal for water to come from the exhaust, I can only assume that you are possibly then saying there is water coming from an exhaust area that should not, this then suggesting that there is a leak be it damage such as a crack or a failed gasket(s). At this point you would need to access where the water is coming from to diagnose the leak, once that is done and it is known where the leak is coming from then repairs can be made. Otherwise there is no real way for me to know what is leaking nor an engine model number to reference.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.