Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a bayliner 3488 1997 would you know if the model

Customer Question

Hi I have a bayliner 3488 1997 would you know if the model number is ***** with 2 to 1 ratio and 12 degree angle thanks
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I am talking about the v drive gear box on the starboard side being zf80 having 2;1 ratio and 12 degree shaft angle
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

This greatly depends on the complete model such as 80-a, 80-1 a, 80-iv, etc. It very well possibly is is 80-iv but need the complete model to confirm. Also they were replaced by the zf-85a which is an 8-deg according to what I am seeing. The 80-a is also an 8-deg whereas the 80-iv is the 12.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.