Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

On my Triton 20X bass boat I have two button panels (port

Customer Question

On my Triton 20X bass boat I have two button panels (port and starboard sides of dash panel). Starbord side hosts main On/Off switch, Nav lights and some accessories. Port side hosts live wells and bilge functions. Starboard panel is working fine, but port panel is dead (back lighting to port panel buttons do not come on when power button in on and lights up starboard panel). I noticed just prior to port side failure that my live well recirculation went off a couple times last week during operation and a couple days later nothing on that panel worked. Is there a relay connecting these two panels?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

You will need to start by seeing if the problem is loss of the power or ground, to do this you will nest the power to that switch panel which will be the main power that feeds the breakers/switches, you test this using the ground neg terminal at the battery, if this is good you then check the ground bar to the accessories that panel controls. In most cases you will find a loose or bad connection, in some cases it will be a main breaker/fuse or a melted wire, sometimes the wire becomes disconnected. Again to identify/diagnose the problem you will need a voltmeter and or test light to preform testing as above.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.