Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

Adjusted cables on 2 yamaha225s from 2006-7...had to adjust

Customer Question

adjusted cables on 2 yamaha225s from 2006-7...had to adjust in 703 control box end on starboard engine as i ran out of adjustment on the engine end. put back together and starboard engine shift mechanism is stuck in neutral...confirmed by disconnecting cables and attempting to push shift slide manually. never had problem before adjusting. something in control box, or undiagnosed problem in shift linkage that has now shown up?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

For this you would want to preform manual inspections visually, this would mean first watching as someone shifts to see what moves should move and if not where does it stop, for instance if no shift at motor than you would disconnect the cable and check by shifting to see if the cable is moving, this would then tell you if it were the cable or in the control box or where the cable mounts at the control/engine.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.