Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a 2001 GS 5518/5519 Seadoo. The fuel tank and have

Customer Question

I have a 2001 GS 5518/5519 Seadoo. The fuel tank and carburetor have been professionally cleaned. All fuel lines and fuel filter have been replaced. The battery is fully charged. the jet ski starts easily and idles well. however the moment acceleration
is applied the engine revs up an immediately dies. It almost seems that there is some form of back pressure that is preventing the engine from working correctly. Please help.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

Start by checking compression, next remove gas fill cap and see if it then runs better, if so the vent line/tube is clogged. Next would be to have the carbs rechecked, the carb has an internal filter in it and they must be correctly rebuilt as well as doing the fuel pump at the same time, the pop off pressure would then need to be checked and correct hi/low settings made.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.