Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 1995 6 hp yamaha 2 stroke outboard motor. the model

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** I have a 1995 6 hp yamaha 2 stroke outboard motor. the model # ***** ***** A few weeks ago I cleaned the carb and took the motor and it worked fine at first for about an hour and then began to quit in shorter durations until it was about about every 5 min. After I got home, I then replaced the diaphragm and gasket on the carb side of the fuel pump and now I can't get it to start. I've got good spark to the plugs and I removed the carb and fuel pump again to see what was going on. Everything looked clean and good. I thought maybe I wasn't getting any fuel, but the carb bowl was full of gas. I'm open for suggestions for what to do next. thx
Category: Boat
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** has been out there for awhile, do you still need help on this ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm out of town until Thursday. When I get back I'll check out the motor and then contact you. Thx Dan
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Dan, haven't done a lot on out boards, I have a TON of 2 stroke theory and I have the service manual for your model so we'll be able to figure it out

Kenny