Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

My 2005 model # J225PX4SR serial #31024070 apparently went

Customer Question

My 2005 Johnson model # ***** serial #31024070 apparently went into the SLOW mode I don't have any indications that anything is wrong. Cooling water is circulating, oil level is ok. After it went into SLOW I ran aground and the motor was in a little mud. At this time the engine would not crank at all. While being towed home I tried it and it cranked and would run 3000 rpm. Help Does the SLQW have to be reset??
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

You must fix the problem to clear the SLOW mode. The engine should run up to rpm then go into SLOW mode again if it is overheating.

Is the over heat alarm sounding? When was the last time you had the water pump serviced?

Has the engine been sitting unused for awhile? When was the last time the engine ran correctly?