Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

I just bought a 94 stealth with a 115 Yamaha 2 stroke on it

Customer Question

Hi Tom I just bought a 94 stealth with a 115 Yamaha 2 stroke on it of course the seller said it was his dad's boat and was sick and needed to sell it,everything was supposed to be fine well I finally got it started this morning with ear muffs hooked up and it smokes like crazy out of the exchust and also spitting oil out any ideals
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Is the oil injection system on this engine still working or is the oil mixed manually? If it is mixed manually, then it may be the case that here is too much oil mixed with fuel and thus i suggest you drain the fuel and put in fresh fuel with a 50:1 2 stroke oil mix, start it and see how it goes.

If you require further assistance let me know.

Noel

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Started looking around a little more and found the choke was stuck,running fine now no smoke thanks anyway

Perfect great if you require further assistance let me know and kindly rate my service

Noel