Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

I have a 2003 Yamaha 90 hp outboard. Due to the past draught

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Yamaha 90 hp outboard. Due to the past draught it has been on a hoist for two years. Now the water is up and I can use it. The motor seems to run well however the middle bar of oil pressure gauge is flashing even though the oil reservoir is full.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. When you say it is flashing do you mean it is dropping a bit? Is the oil in the engine two years old or it has been serviced recently?

Noel

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Noel, I ended up taking the boat in for service. I do not have an answer yet. But it is a 2 cycle, I fill the reservoir up as the oil is being used. It is fresh oil. The gauge never changes. Always the left indicator is continually lit. The center indicator is always flashing. The right indicator is never lit. It doesn't change. The motor runs well and is using oil.

Since it is a two stroke, what you should take care of is that there is always oil in the tank and that the oil is being consumed on approximately a 50:1 ratio. If that is ok then the problem seems to be either a loose connection of the sensor or a bad sensor itself.

Noel