Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

Have a 2000 115 hp sea pro. When cold is will fire

Customer Question

Have a 2000 Johnson 115 hp sea pro. When cold is will fire immediately. Let it run for a few minutes and now takes 3 to 5 tries to crank. Was taking 15 to 20. Mechanic run complete diagnostics and found nothing but low fuel pressure of 18 psi. He changed the fuel pump housing which increased fuel pressure to 24 psi. Any ideas. I understand there are some parts that are unavailable for this engine.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you today.

Would you please post the full model number of the engine? Johnson made about 20 different models in 2000.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am about 20 miles from the boat. Engine is a FITCH or something like that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Charles, we will have to resume this at a later time. I am far away from the info you need. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

Thats ok, we can try and work around it.

Are you sure of the year and the HP? All Johnson 115 from 2000 are carb that I see. If it is actually an Evinrude, it could be a FICHT