Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

My Mercury 200 hp outboard suddenly quit while cruising. I

Customer Question

My Mercury 200 hp outboard suddenly quit while cruising . I replaced the water separator outside filter last week . I checked both filters and the both have gas . I check spark in plugs and there is spark present while I try to resolve art . The engine
will not start and the oil alarm goes on after each attempt to restart ? Please let me know what could be wrong ?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Is this engine EFI or Carb? There is a right way and a wrong way to check for spark, how specifically are you checking it?

Have you tried any starting fluid to see if it would hit on that?

Expert:  Samantha-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/boat/9c91o-mercury-200-hp-outboard-suddenly-quit-cruising.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.