Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have morse electronic controls on my 38 ft eclipse the

Customer Question

I have morse electronic controls on my 38 ft eclipse the port engine control gos into reverse when you put it in foward and into foward when you put it into reverse model #nm0510ke-4
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

I am just seeing if you still need assistance with this problem? The reason I ask is because I see that your question has not been answered sooner and I wanted to make sure if you still needed help.

In some cases a question may sit due to several different reasons. My objective that I wish is to make sure that if you still need help that I can at the very least reach out to you and attempt to help you.

At this time please feel free when you are ready to reply back to me and ask to continue working with me, another expert or if you no longer need help please just let me know exactly what you wish to do.

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.

Thanks,
Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You never answered my original question
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Through what I asked in my reply to you, I presume this means that you would still like assistance?

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When are you going to answer my original question about the electronic controls
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

It does not appear that you are able to view my replies, so for now I am going to step out of this question and hopefully another expert can assist you.

Best of luck with the problem.

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What happened to the answer to my first question
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** will answer you question today. I have a few questions that I need for you to answer.

Is this a new install of the controller?

Has any work been done to the engine? If so, what was done?

Have you recently replaced the props?

How does the other engine operate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Q#1 no
Q#2no
Q#3yes on the same side as the problem is
Q#4 engines are running good
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply.

When the prop was replaced, it is sounding like they installed a standard prop and not a counter rotating prop. that would make the gears seem reversed, even though they are not actually. If you have the boat out of the water, look at both props and see if the left is exactly like the right. If it is, that is the wrong prop. The left should have blades that go in the other direction.