Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have 1979 2cyl 60hp mariner ignition issue with plugs out

Customer Question

i have 1979 2cyl 60hp mariner ignition issue with plugs out cranked engine had 1volt bot pulsar coils 4.5 volts on trigger coil and 15volts on charge coil then check volts going to coils with them disconnected from cdi box top cyl had200vdc lower cyl had 150vdc when idle engine runs fine when i put unit in water the engine does not fire on lower cyl i know this buy taking plug out put in new coils wondering ur take on this before i order a new cdi switch box
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

I am just seeing if you still need assistance with this problem? The reason I ask is because I see that your question has not been answered sooner and I wanted to make sure if you still needed help.

In some cases a question may sit due to several different reasons. My objective that I wish is to make sure that if you still need help that I can at the very least reach out to you and attempt to help you.

At this time please feel free when you are ready to reply back to me and ask to continue working with me, another expert or if you no longer need help please just let me know exactly what you wish to do.

Thanks,
Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no answer posted
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Did you see my reply and what I asked?

Thanks,

Joe