Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a Suzuki 200 4 stroke outboard motor and just noticed

Customer Question

I have a Suzuki 200 4 stroke outboard motor and just noticed its leaking black oil from the exhaust.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

I am just seeing if you still need assistance with this problem? The reason I ask is because I see that your question has not been answered sooner and I wanted to make sure if you still needed help.

In some cases a question may sit due to several different reasons. My objective that I wish is to make sure that if you still need help that I can at the very least reach out to you and attempt to help you.

At this time please feel free when you are ready to reply back to me and ask to continue working with me, another expert or if you no longer need help please just let me know exactly what you wish to do.

Thanks,
Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still would like a response. Thank you.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

What if anything have you already checked?

Have you noticed oil level decreasing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only noticed the oil dripping when it's in idle not when the prop is engaged. It also, doesn't drip when the motor is off. That's all I know at the moment.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

What is the model and serial number of this engine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know.... 200hp, 4 stroke, 2001 Suzuki.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry but that does not help, I would need the actual info listed on the engine.

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll try and get it. Just its 3 hours away from me.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good.

Thanks,

Joe