Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

Mercruiser 4.3 tks - looses power when throttling up - idles

Customer Question

mercruiser 4.3 tks - looses power when throttling up - idles fine. ran fine all summer - new plugs, wires, cap rotor in spring - replaced fuel filters, coil, distributor ignition sensor - fuel pump solid 7-8 psi - all started on labor day - boat ran fine
- shut it off and when started would barley stay on plane - no bogs down when throttle applied and wont get on plane - backfires thru carb when you try and throttle up
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

Check for water in the fuel, check for debris/varnish in the carb, timing, misfires, I would also change out the fuel if it had been sitting.

I am just seeing if you still need assistance with this problem? The reason I ask is because I see that your question has not been answered sooner and I wanted to make sure if you still needed help.

In some cases a question may sit due to several different reasons. My objective that I wish is to make sure that if you still need help that I can at the very least reach out to you and attempt to help you.

At this time please feel free when you are ready to reply back to me and ask to continue working with me, another expert or if you no longer need help please just let me know exactly what you wish to do.

Thanks,
Joe