Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

Outobard 1998 Model J35tklec .. oil injection is leaking. so

Customer Question

Johnson Outobard 1998 Model J35tklec .. oil injection is leaking.
so far have not found a replacment part.
If i cannot find a part ,assume I can disconect the injection and mix the gas and
oil in the tank , the old fashened way.
Any sugestion on finding a part?
R W C
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hi RWC. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. I took a look and both the mixing unit and the repair kit for the mixing unit are long obsolete, no longer made and no longer available. I even checked ebay and there are none there. The repair kit is part number(###) ###-####if you want to keep an eye on that and see if one pops up on ebay. You are correct in the assumption that you can just disconnect it and premix. If you to go that route you would premix at a 50 to 1 ratio, which is 2.6 ounces of oil per gallon of gas.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

I think that should do it. But I work for tips so I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking in. The website has charged you but no rating has been put through yet in order to credit me for helping you out. Did you have any further questions on the issue?

Thanks,

Jason