Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I am in the process of purchasing a 2006 Eastern 31' Casco

Customer Question

I am in the process of purchasing a 2006 Eastern 31' Casco bay boat. She is powered with a Volvo D6 370hp Volvo inboard. On survey we discovered that the after-cooler was/had leaked through the front cap (onto starter housing below it) significant corrosion was also noted. I've been told that the unit can be taken apart and inspected, if the inside is fine then the caps, O-rings and seals can be replaced or the unit may need to be completely replaced. I'm trying to get a handle on what this might cost in parts and labor (hours). Can you help with giving your estimate?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

It'd be very hard to give an estimate without knowing if and or anything is actually wrong. If the problem has already been repaired then you may be simply looking on fixing the corrosion issue, however if still leaking then the only person that can estimate the cost of repairs is a tear down to determine the problem.

I am just seeing if you still need assistance with this problem? The reason I ask is because I see that your question has not been answered sooner and I wanted to make sure if you still needed help.

In some cases a question may sit due to several different reasons. My objective that I wish is to make sure that if you still need help that I can at the very least reach out to you and attempt to help you.

At this time please feel free when you are ready to reply back to me and ask to continue working with me, another expert or if you no longer need help please just let me know exactly what you wish to do.

Thanks,
Joe