Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

Can u please tell me the measurents of the back of the

Customer Question

Can u please tell me the measurents of the back of the transom to the first step and then the back of the boat to the 2nd step how much does each one step down im trying to set the rear bunks up how much do they knotch
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rob. This is a ficht engine, I do not work on these. I will opt out of this question and leave it open to the other guys. Good luck!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Really this is the bunks on s custom built aluminum boat trailer that I need to know where to knotch the bunks for the step hull nothing to do with engine
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry for any confusion, I have no idea who you are or what your problem is, but the message you got from me was not meant for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ThAnk you do u know whT im talking about in the first message
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

I am just seeing if you still need assistance with this problem? The reason I ask is because I see that your question has not been answered sooner and I wanted to make sure if you still needed help.

In some cases a question may sit due to several different reasons. My objective that I wish is to make sure that if you still need help that I can at the very least reach out to you and attempt to help you.

At this time please feel free when you are ready to reply back to me and ask to continue working with me, another expert or if you no longer need help please just let me know exactly what you wish to do.

Thanks,
Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still have no answer
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

There is no boat model info listed for this. Do you not have the boat to adjust the trailer to? The reason I ask is because when this is done the boat is generally on site to make the required adjustments to the trailer or when being built the trailer builder has the vessel specs to build to, some just build the trailer and leave the bunks to be adjusted but again the vessel is usually on site to make these adjustments. With the vessel model info I may be able to locate the hull specs for you but it is not very likely in some cases.

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's not true about having boat there to build trailer we have been doing this over 30 years we are in process moving so I can not find info I don't have a problem bout setting bunks and our are adjustable but this is a step hull boat the bunks have to be knotch and I need to know where to put notch there are 2 notches under boat hull
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

I stated in some, not all. What I said was that either the boat is on site/available or builder has the specs from the boat from the owner/manufacture before they build the trailer as a trailer would be hard to design without knowing what type of boat was to sit on it, which as a builder I am sure you understand.

With that said, I requested from you the vessel info including year/make and model which I need in order to provide any specs to you, otherwise there is no way in the world for me to guess what type of boat it is. Again there is no boat info at all posted and thus why no way to otherwise answer your question.

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2004
36 ft yellow fin center console
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Yellowfin is actually not far in town from me. Can you also provide the hull HIN id number and from there I can give yellowfin a call and see if I can get this info directly from them.

Thanks,

Joe