Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a 2008 Mercury 150 EFI. I got the 4 beeps warning the

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Mercury 150 EFI. I got the 4 beeps warning the last time out. I noticed that the engine oil reservoir was about 2-3 inches below the top. I then checked inside my main oil tank and noticed that there was a film over the intake screen and the oil in the bottom of the tank was a little thick/gooey. I cleaned the tank, put new oil in, and blew out the line that goes from the tank to the engine oil reservoir to make sure it was clear. I then started the motor and partially unscrewed the reservoir cap to try to bleed the air and fill the reservoir tank. The oil level came up about an inch after several minutes of idling, but would not come up any higher or overflow. Any suggestions?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you today.

Remove the hose from the engine tank, then start the engine. See if you can get any oil from the line with the engine idling. If you do, hook it back to the engine tank and open the cap totally on that tank. Close the cap when the oil level overflows.

If you do not, remove the hose without the blue stripe on the tank, with the engine at idle, you should feel some air pulsing from that hose. IF you do not, the pulser on the engine is bad.