Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

1987 Skipjack 25 fisherman with 496 Mercruiser Mag and it

Customer Question

1987 Skipjack 25 fisherman with 496 Mercruiser Mag and it randomly will loose power on a load. Idles fine never dies and sometimes it runs norma but will out of nowhere start to stumble till you back the throttle off and return to idle then you stick the throttle and it goes again... sometimes for a long time and sometimes it conksout right away. But it never dies. I just bought the boat last week and previous owner has been chasing this demon for a few years (told me adfter the sale) replaced fuel pump and all injectors and fuel filters 2 years ago
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

I would connect a portable tank and run from that with new fresh fuel to see if it still has the problem. I would test your fuel system for water, also check for vapor lock, if the fuel sat for 2 years then it's very well the injectors will need to be sent out and professionally cleaned.

I am just seeing if you still need assistance with this problem? The reason I ask is because I see that your question has not been answered sooner and I wanted to make sure if you still needed help.

In some cases a question may sit due to several different reasons. My objective that I wish is to make sure that if you still need help that I can at the very least reach out to you and attempt to help you.

At this time please feel free when you are ready to reply back to me and ask to continue working with me, another expert or if you no longer need help please just let me know exactly what you wish to do.

Thanks,
Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It took a week to get a reply so I eneded up taking my boat to a repair shop. How do I get a refund?